Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Quality of Light

This morning's 'beauty walk' had an interesting new dimension to it, as I was specifically aiming to photograph light...

I found myself looking with new eyes on my familiar neighborhood beauty ... seeing not only how things look in different light, but focusing on the light itself. It was the same, but subtly different. I can't wait to download my images and see what I got.

Another real difference was shooting in raw. This is the first time I've done it and they're still in the camera, so I don't yet know exactly how it will affect my work-flow (for instance, I'll have to see whether or not I can use iPhoto to download and store the images like I usually do), but they sure filled up my CF card quickly! I had to change cards in the middle of a walk, which has never happened to me before.

3 comments:

jlovell@dvc.edu said...

Wow, I like the idea of a beauty walk. I want to hear more about that. Also, those RAW images certinaly do fill a card up but you will like the idea of raw light energy hitting your CCD and ending up in your computer unadulterated at all. It's kind of nice. I can;t wait to see these shots! I think you will need to use Bridge or PhotoShop CS2 to convert them , though.

Daryl Darko said...

Oh Jesse, EVERYWHERE Amy goes is a "beauty walk"... :) and Amy, are we going to Alcatraz next Sunday?

Amy Lenzo said...

Why thank you Mr Darko, I do declare you say the KINDEST things...