Monday, July 9, 2007

100 Strangers

#10

Jesse's class is over for me now, but learning (and shooting!) continues...

I'm currently engrossed in Flickr's "100 Strangers" challenge - Daryl found it and recommended I check it out. The challenge is to approach 100 strangers, one at a time, and ask permission to photograph them.

This has been powerful for me since I am acutely shy about asking strangers to do something like this for me, and as a consequence have focused on those photographic subjects that don't require speech to explore.

#11

I'm on # 13 or so now, and getting a little more comfortable with the exercise.

Now I'm looking forward to the day when I am as focused on achieving my aesthetic and technical goals with the photograph as I am on mastering the inter-personal relations!

#8

No comments: